Sunday, March 18, 2007

Ongoing projects...

This week has been very informative. The opportunity to see a wide array of applications of different tools is really invaluable for any teacher. You do not always have the time to fully explore a tool and examine all of its unique potential for your classroom situation and consequently might overlook using a particular tool. This exploration of other students' outlines has given me an opportunity to see how certain tools not only fit certain functions but could also be adapted so that I could use them. A second benefit to this week's work on the course outline has been that I receieved authentic feedback to help guide me in creting my own plan. The questions asked by my fellow classmates really made me stop and analyze the elements in my porject again. I am thankful to have the chance to see my work through someone else's eyes. Things that seem obvious to me may have been muddy and unclear to others and this preliminary work has provided a new chance for peer editing in a virtual environment. Now that I connect those points, a little light bulb has gone off in my head:) This same technique could be used in a virtual classroom to teach and practice the skill of peer editing within the writing workshop model. I can transfer the model we are practicing with very easily into a classs I could teach. Practical, applicable, and enlighteninging all at the same time!!

No comments: