Tuesday, March 20, 2007

reflections....

This final week has really given me an opportunity to revisit my own style as an online instructor. The idea of having a voice as well as being a cybercoach sort of has me really excited. This is a chance to look at my best qualities as a f2f instructor and really examine available tools for ways to translate those strengths into an online environment. It's also giving me the chance to examine my own educational bias and stereotypes in terms of learning styles and modalities. It's strange that as an honor student in high school I could be so effective teaching learning disabled students. I don't think that this dichotomy of opposites holds true for me in terms of learning style and multiple intelligences. As a verbal learner I have a very difficult time adjusting for the kinesthetic mode. I also have a difficult time including the more physical level of multiple intelligences and so probably don't balance my own lessons as much as is needed by my students. It gives me a lot to think about.

No comments: